Monday, June 30, 2008

Leann Rimes concert review

Leann Rimes concert

Admittedly, I'm not a country music fan. I do own a Johnny Cash album, and I did buy a Dixie Chicks album (whole 'nother story I'm not getting into right now), but I'm pretty clueless when it comes to country music. So, when a friend of mine scored a couple of free tickets to see Leann Rimes, I said, "Ok, that could be fun."

It was. She has a great voice, her backing band was solid, and there was some variety in the music I wasn't expecting. I think I understood about a quarter of the lyrics. Maybe it's her accent, and maybe it's her enunciation (or lack thereof). I could catch most of the choruses (chori?), but even those kind of blurred together. She did play at Abravanel Hall, which has good acoustics, to put it mildly. That makes me think my ears weren't suffering from loud (it wasn't) concert distortion.

I was thinking about picking up an album of hers, to see if I can hear anything more, but I'm not that motivated. I'm not sure which album would be a good choice, either. Maybe if I'm kicking around GrayWhale, I'll pick one up used.

No comments: