Sunday, April 15, 2007

Dream Girls review

Ok, this is why I should post these reviews right after I see the movie, instead of waiting and putting them all in at once. I remember the movie, and it was good, but I can't remember half the things I wanted to write about it.

Eddie Murphy was great. Maybe he wasn't Oscar great, though. He's definitely out of the stand-up comic / wiseguy cop routine, and he did a great job with it.

The music was fabulous. We saw it at Brewvies, and they have an ok sound system, I guess, but I feel like it'd've been more fun in a bigger theater with a really booming system. As it was, the music was powerful and compelling. Beyonce is, well, Beyonce, and Jennifer Hudson was amazing. I don't know how much of the music they actually did - if any, it's impressive. It was nice seeing Sharon Leal of Boston Public again.

Jamie Foxx got to play a fairly scummy character, and he was very believable. That's a good thing, you dope - it's acting, y'know. ;)

No comments: